Thursday, October 01, 2009

los angeles

la was a blur, but i had lots of fun hanging out with all my homies, including the oh so hospitable edwin ushiro. thanks to joel also for letting me stay at his spot. here are some things that happened, in pictures:


a close up of one of edwin's pieces at lebasse projects.


retna and mac show at bergamot station. hi jack!


soapbox car race crowd, at 5th and grand.


amanda not even caring about the sketches,


'where the wild things are' show at space 15 twenty.


'terrible yellow eyes' show at nucleus gallery in alhambra. this was my favourite part.


amanda and honda at family bookstore, my new ultimate favourite spot in la.


part of an installation at a coffee shop in little tokyo.


nice painting across father's office, culver city.

after a long flight home, this came to the door to greet me- along with the chilly toronto air:


"honey, you're home!"

thanks again to everyone who made my few days in la so wonderful.

*

No comments: