Wednesday, May 27, 2009

on her own- kokeshi 2009.

this is my submission for the kokeshi doll show, from folk art to toy art, this july at the japanese american national museum (janm) in la, in conjunction with
the los angeles toy doll and amusements museum (latda). it is based off of my shan-girl paintings- she's a mountain, all on her own. hope you like it.


on her own, mixed media, 2009.

you can find more information about it, here and the latda blog, here.

thank you christina conway for having me again, and maria kwong for all your help.

*

5 comments:

nino benito said...

beautiful.no words.

Christina Conway said...

wow, I'm really impressed and pleasantly surprised by the new shape you created. I hope you enjoyed working on this as much as I enjoy having you be a part of this show :)

Anonymous said...

one of a kind.

Yuta Onoda said...

Great stuff tecchan!!
I want it so bad!!

t e s s a r * said...

:) thanks guys. i had a lot of fun doing it.