Friday, November 21, 2008

it's the most wonderful time.

my sister is in LA for a little over a week. i met up with her today and we spent the day grocery shopping, checking out collector vinyl and having some nice sushi.

seeing her for the first time in nine months made me feel rejuvenated. it's funny how family can do that for you. her being here is reminding me of toronto and the rest of my family; i am realizing how much in fact, i do miss it all.

last year this time, i was preparing to leave the place i called home for 23 years.
in my mind, it was a necessary step to making my dreams come true. and just like that, a whole year flew by. in the last year i've done so much more than i could have fathomed possible. i've met a lot of great people and realized many things about myself through various successes and setbacks. i am so thankful for all that's happened in this short time. sometimes, i think about it all and still can't believe it's real.

i still have a long way to go, but i'm grateful for the great start i've had.

last christmas i was in LA, alone. this year, i will be in toronto with my family and old friends. it will be a world of difference and i can't wait.

*

i realized the other day that my schedule for 2008 shows has come to a close.
i will have some new work in miami with cerasoli : lebasse at the aqua art fair, as well as a piece in the scion installation 5 tour.
however, my final final contribution to 2008 will be at cerasoli : lebasse's 'gifted' show. here are the two paintings:


pink snow, 12 x 12" mixed media on 300lb arches hot press.


in the snow, 12 x 12" mixed media on 300lb arches hot press.

i encourage those who are thinking about christmas presents to consider buying artwork for your family and friends, (even if they are not mine, haha). an original painting/ drawing/ sculpture is one-of-a-kind and the right piece can have a real profound effect on your loved one.

thanks for reading.

*

7 comments:

Simon Kim said...

no way.... you are coming down to Toronto on Christmas break? that's exciting. hopefully I see you in Oakville, tiger!!!

Anonymous said...

while the thanksgiving time down there is approaching, it truly is nice and warm to read this, son.

mom

marcus said...

art basel and then toronto. lucky

N.C. Winters said...

Love the new pieces. Your piece in the Subtext Yoka show was quite nice. Best wishes to you and yours over the holidays.

Anonymous said...

true to say, tessar, your works need to be looking at repeatedly. not that i don't hold my breath at the first sight, but the more i look at them, the stronger energy i feel that flowing through, dreamy yet so heart grabbing.. congrats.

liuliu said...

tessar lo is my Santa Cross...hohoho

Yuta said...

that's awesome!!!
I can't wait to see you when you get back in Toronto!
You will of course make some time for me hmmm???urali??
oh I almost forgot we don't have it here...then monaghans???